Nothing could be more frustrating than your website failing to rank in Google despite your best efforts. Finding the correct answer, how to rank on Google would be nearly impossible given the vast amount of content available on the internet. Google has a few ranking factors, but they are made up of a wide range of algorithms rather than just one. From digital marketing services experts, here are a few solutions to help your website rank on Google.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the ranking factors and discuss how to make better use of keywords to increase search traffic.
Measure Your Rankings
Measuring your rankings is the first (and probably most obvious) place to start. You won’t know how far you’ve come or how much you’ve improved unless you have a solid understanding of your baseline keyword performance. It is strongly advised that you export all of this valuable keyword data and save it for future use. If nothing else, it will demonstrate how much you’ve improved your search engine optimization skills.
Some of us may have learned the hard way, but you never know when things with a given tool will change – whether it’s how data is reported, what information we have access to, or anything else. Analyzing This Data Will Give You A Good Idea Of:
- Your most valuable keywords/landing pages.
- The most immediate opportunities for improvement.
- Keywords/landing pages that are underperforming.
It will be easier to rank these terms at the top of Google’s first page, giving you some quick wins to brag about to your client or boss.
Check that the keywords you’re targeting have the right search intent and are written in the same language as your target audience.
Target The Right Keywords
If you want to make sure your keyword targets are aligned with your overall business goals and provide real value, you need to know both the search intent and the difficulty of ranking for them. While terms may have one meaning in your mind, they may have a completely different meaning in Google’s eyes, and vice versa. You can figure out where users are in the sales funnel by determining whether their intent is informational/educational, transactional, or navigational. It’s critical to conduct a thorough SERP analysis.
Look at the top search results for your main keyword targets, such as:
- Related searches.
- People also ask.
- Google autocomplete suggestions.
- Other advanced search features.
Optimize On-Page SEO
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing web page elements. On-page SEO includes:
- Title tag
- Meta description
- Header tags
The title tag is the web page title that appears on the search engine results page. Let’s look at some of the methods for improving on-page SEO:
- First, watch the title tag. Ensure the description is between 50 to 60 characters.
- Avoid stuffing keywords in your title tag.
- Give every page a unique title.
- Place important keywords first.
- Write for your readers.
It’s a synopsis of your website’s content. Let’s look at some of the methods for improving on-page SEO:
- First, ensure the description is between 50 to 300 characters.
- Avoid stuffing keywords in your meta description.
- Use targeted keywords in your meta descriptions.
- Give readers a concise description of your content in order to get them to click.
- Include call-to-actions in the description, such as “click on this result.
The header tag gives your site structure by identifying the page’s headings and subheadings. Tags can be improved by doing the following:
- Using keywords in your header tags is a good idea.
- Make sure your content only has one H1 tag.
- Make sure that the header tags are in sync with the content.
- Maintain the hierarchical structure of tags
- Do not repeat the same h1 tags on other web pages of your website.
- Do not include header tags as hidden text.
- Keyword stuffing in your header tags should be avoided.
- Ensure the length of the tags is between 20 to 70 characters.
Optimize Website Level Factors
A sitemap, security, and page speed are all website-level factors. Improve your rankings and traffic by optimizing these three elements. There are a lot of things that a regular website owner can’t do, so hiring or using digital marketing services gives you an advantage over your competitors.
A sitemap is a useful tool to enhance the search engine rankings of your website by providing information about its pages. Some of the crucial ways to improve sitemaps are:
- Prioritize high-quality web pages in your sitemap.
- In the sitemap, include your canonical versions of URLs.
- For large websites, consider creating dynamic URL sitemaps.
- Ensure you design a smaller sitemap.
- Avoid adding noindex URLs to your sitemap.
- According to EDGY, “Using sitemaps for search engine optimization can increase your website’s visibility and help get it indexed.
Google considers HTTPS to be a ranking signal, which means that sites with HTTPS servers get a boost in rankings. Some recommendations for enhancing site security are as follows:
- Scan your site for vulnerabilities.
- Secure your domain using the DNSSEC protocol.
- Use SSL certificates.
- Use HSTS as it includes an extra layer of security over HTTPS.
Provide users with the content they’ve requested in a timely and seamless manner across all devices. Compress your images, make your site mobile-friendly, clean up your code, and make your server faster.
Make sure your page tagging (title tags, meta descriptions, and main headings) is engaging and encourages people to visit your website.
Keep users on the page by providing them with a logical next step or destination. Content Marketing includes everything on your site, from navigation to copy, internal cross-linking, and calls to action.
All these factors are crucial to work on, and regular checks and updating of your website are necessary. There are certain key points that require an SEO professional or digital marketing services to improve your Google Keyword Rankings.